June 22, 2012
The secret to choosing the right fence for your home is to research those pros and cons of each fencing material and determine which makes the most sense for your needs. Luckily for you, the fencing experts at Freedom Fence and Home have already done all the research for you.
So here are some things to consider when making your fencing decision.
Which Fence is Right for You?
|Vinyl Fence Pros
- A wide variety of styles and colors
- Can mimic the look of real wood
- No painting required
- Cleaning is easy due to their glossy, non-porous surfaces
- No splitting or cracking
- No termites
- No fungus
- No Dry rot
- Fire resistant
|Vinyl Fence Cons
- More expensive than wood fencing
- Extreme temperatures make the vinyl expand and contract
- Can be damaged by high winds
- Some – not all – have mildew problems
- Repairs are not as easy as with wood fences
|Wood Fence Pros
- A traditional, classic look
- The ability to paint or stain offers you more options now and in the future
- They are natural and organic. A good choice for the environment
- Easier to repair than vinyl fences
|Wood Fence Cons
- Yearly maintenance
- Painting (yes, it’s a pro and a con)
- Rotting wood
- Boards can warp
If you are still having trouble deciding between vinyl fencing and wood fencing, do not hesitate to contact the Home Improvement experts at Freedom Fence and Home. Our deck and fence specialists are available to help homeowners, like you, select the perfect fence for you, your home, and your wallet!
If you have any questions, please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website.
With 40 years of experience, Freedom Fence and Home has provided the highest quality fence and decking materials to its many residential and commercial clients throughout in Baltimore, Maryland and Harford county as well many residential clients in Baltimore county and Baltimore city.
Freedom Fence and Home – Your Maryland Deck and Fence Experts!
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Categories: Fencing Maryland This entry was posted on Friday, June 22nd, 2012 at 12:50 pm.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
, Low Maintenance Fencing Maryland
, Maryland Fences
, Maryland Vinyl Fencing
, Maryland Wooden Fencing
, Vinyl Fencing
, and Wood Fencing
| Tags: Baltimore
, Fence Experts
, fence specialists
, Freedom Fence and Home
, Harford County
, Vinyl Fence
, vinyl fencing
, wood fence
, and wood fencing