With summer right around the corner, now is the perfect time to build your new pool fence. But before you get started, there are a few things you should know.
Maryland and Virginia Pool Fence Codes
- Pool fences must be at least 4 feet in height
- Pool fence verticals must have gap spacing of no more than 1¼ inch apart
- Pool fence gates must be self-closing and self-latching
- Pool fences can be no more than 2” off the ground
Common Pool Fence Materials
- Wood Pool Fence: Wood is an excellent option to give your pool a more traditional look and feel. These fences will require more annual maintenance, but their aesthetic appeal is unmatched.
- Vinyl Pool Fence: Due to its low maintenance and water-resistant nature, vinyl is a popular choice for pool fence application.
- Aluminum Pool Fence: Another low-maintenance fencing option, aluminum comes in a wide range of styles and heights to meet pool codes.
- Chain Link Pool Fence: Chainlink fences provide excellent security, especially around pools.
Trust Freedom Fence and Home for your Pool Fencing Needs
With 40 years of experience, Freedom Fence & Home has provided the highest quality fence and decking materials to its many residential and commercial clients throughout Maryland, including Harford county as well many residential clients in Baltimore county and Baltimore city.
Please take a moment to browse our gallery of Finished Fence Projects. Click on any image to enlarge.
If you have any questions about Swimming Pool Fences, please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website.
Freedom Fence and Home – Your Maryland Deck and Fence Experts!