With the weather cooling and meteorologists predicting a snowy Maryland winter, now is the perfect time to prepare your deck! After all, without proper maintenance, your deck could easily become damaged this winter.
Deck Maintenance Tips:
- Sweep up any debris. And do not forget to remove leaves, dirt, and twigs from the areas between boards.
- Power Washing: First and foremost, wash your deck with a power washer. But be careful. These power washers pack a punch. If you get too close to the wood, you could do some serious damage.
- Stain: After your deck dries it is time to apply some stain. This will protect the wood from moisture.
- Remove Snow: If it snows more than a few inches, be sure to shovel snow from your deck. Too much snow could put an exorbitant amount of extra weight on your deck, which, under the right circumstances, could cause it to fail.
- Clean your deck throughout winter. If leaves, snow, and debris are left to sit on your deck, the excess moisture could damage your deck and promote mold and mildew growth.
Tired of all the Maintenance? Consider a Low Maintenance Deck from Freedom Fence and Home!
Low maintenance decking is a great way to enhance your backyard without the maintenance. Consumers are moving away from wood and composites and looking for a better decking product. The deck frame is still constructed with pressure treated lumber while the flooring and railings are PVC or vinyl. We can also reface your existing deck.