Wood Fence Maintenance Tips
- Keep Soil Away: When soil comes into contact with your wood fence, it brings with it moisture, termites, and eventual fence rot.
- Keep Plants at a Safe Distance: Falling branches, roots, and more can cause harm to your fence. So make sure you keep plants and trees as far away from your fence as possible. Plus, did you know termites hibernate in plants?
- Avoid Water When Possible: Water in backyards – like that coming you’re your sprinkler – often contains chlorine that bleaches and accelerates the weathering of your wood fence.
- Stain / Seal: Your first line of defense is a good sealer / stain. Make sure whatever sealer or stain you are going to use is suitable for the type of lumber that was used on your fence.
- Power Wash: Power washing may be needed from time to time in order to remove excess dirt or stains. But be careful. Power washers are powerful and can damage your wood fence if you are not careful.
If you have any questions about Fence Maintenance, please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website.
Please take a moment to browse our gallery of Finished Fence Projects. Click on any image to enlarge.
With 40 years of experience, Freedom Fence & Home has provided the highest quality fence and decking materials to its many residential and commercial clients throughout Maryland, including Harford county as well many residential clients in Baltimore county and Baltimore city.