The white, wooden picket fence has always symbolized the American Dream. Well, times change. Today’s white picket fences are no longer made of wood, which has several big disadvantages, including termites, ageing, and maintenance. Nowadays, the American Dream involves a white, vinyl picket fence.
Benefits of Vinyl Fencing over Wood Fencing
- Long Lasting: Vinyl fences, unlike wood, will never rot, rust, or fade.
- Maintenance Free: Vinyl fencing is low maintenance, simply requiring the occasional cleaning with soap and water.
- Cost Effective: While vinyl fencing may initially cost you more than wood or even metal fencing, it will actually save you money in the long run.
- No Termites: Last time I checked, termites do not like vinyl.
- Fire Resistant: This one is pretty self explanatory.
- Resists Mold and Mildew: Unlike wood fences, vinyl fences are resistant to mold and mildew.
Since vinyl fencing was introduced to the United States over 20 years ago, homeowners have flocked to this durable fencing material because it’s easy maintenance and aesthetically appeal.
If you are still having trouble deciding between vinyl and wood, do not hesitate to contact Freedom Fence. Our deck and fence experts are available to help homeowners and businesses select the right design and materials for any fence, deck or home improvement project.
If you have any questions, please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website.
With 40 years of experience, Freedom Fence & Home has provided the highest quality fence and decking materials to its many residential and commercial clients throughout Maryland, including Harford county as well many residential clients in Baltimore county and Baltimore city.
Please take a moment to browse our gallery of Finished Fence Projects. Click on any image to enlarge.
Freedom Fence and Home – Your Maryland Deck and Fence Experts!