Are you tired of cleaning, sanding, and staining your deck each and every fall? If so, you are not alone. This is just one of the many reasons that homeowners across the state of Maryland are getting rid of their old, rotted wood decks and are instead opting to go low maintenance with a new deck from Freedom Fence and Home.
Benefits of Low Maintenance Decking
- Very little Maintenance: Low maintenance decking is a great way to enhance your backyard without the maintenance of a wood deck.
- Saves you Money: Yes, low maintenance decks will cost you more initially, but over the long run a low maintenance deck can actually save you money. A wood deck needs to be cleaned and stained EVERY year. And this takes time and money. Over time, this money adds up.
- Durability: Low maintenance decks are made to take everything you can throw at them.
- Longevity: The average wood deck only lasts 10-15 years (less if you neglect annual maintenance). Low maintenance decks, on the other hand, can last upwards of 25 years or more!
- Aesthetic Appeal: Low maintenance decks simply look great. And because they are made with some of the best composite materials around, they will look good for a long time…with little maintenance on your part!
- Return on Investment: Some estimates have the return on investment of a low maintenance deck as high as 70%. In fact, Angie’s List and Remodeling Magazine both ranked low maintenance decking as its third best home improvement investment.
Freedom Fence & Home: Low Maintenance Decking in Baltimore, Maryland
Consumers are moving away from wood and composites and looking for a better decking product. The deck frame is still constructed with pressure treated lumber while the flooring and railings are PVC or vinyl.
Azek and Timbertech are among the products we use for decking.
If you have any questions about Low Maintenance Decks, please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website. And please take a moment to browse our gallery of wood and low maintenance decks.