A fence shows exactly where your property begins and ends. It shows people where the boundaries fall and protects young children and pets from running loose away from home. It can also help keep pesky wildlife out of your garden or protect your swimming pool from trespassers and fall-ins. A cedar fence can help you accomplish all of these goals. Who do you call to design and do it right? Freedom Fence & Deck can be your cedar fence contractor in Howard County, Maryland!
Freedom Can be Your Cedar Fence Contractor in Howard County
Design Your Dream Fence
Freedom Fence & Deck is there to help you pick the best fence design. Cedar is capable of taking on all kinds of fence designs, from post-and-rail to lattice. A more comprehensive list of wood fence styles is as follows:
- Picket: Picket fences alone have many variations for fence panels and picket tops. Fence panels could be arched, scalloped, or straight. Picket top styles include dog-eared, gothic, flat, pointed, and round. Companies may have unique names for different options.
- Privacy: Privacy fences styles are board-on-board, board-on-batten, horizontal plank, and lattice. Picket fence styles apply to privacy fences.
- Post-and-rail: Post-and-rail fences use multiple rows of boards to connect the fence posts. They are common in rural areas and horse pens.
- Split-rail: Split-rail fences replace posts for rounded wood beams, or rails. They are also great for rural or suburban properties that need to mark their boundaries.
- Lattice: Lattice fences provide privacy without compromising on ventilation.
Mixed-material fences also are possible, such as a wood fence with aluminum rails. Visit Freedom Fence & Deck’s gallery to get a better idea of what is possible.
You can have a beautiful fence design and the materials ready, but it will not do its job if the installation is unprofessional. Freedom Fence & Deck has decades of experience, great records, and stellar reviews across the years and is happy to be your cedar fence contractor in Howard County.
Enjoy It for Years
Once the project is complete, you can enjoy your cedar fence for several decades at least. Cedar has natural oils that repel insects and resists mold. Sealing and staining your cedar fence every few years will let you keep its gorgeous reddish color. Other maintenance tasks would be hosing it down and sanding it as needed.
What’s the Cost?
Cedar fences tend to be middle of the road in terms of the average cost of fences. They are more reliable against deterioration than pressure-treated pine, but soft compared to exotic hardwood, vinyl, composite, steel, and aluminum. It is best to collect several estimates from local cedar fence contractors to see what the fairest price would be. Learn more about your options on our blog or contact us for a free estimate!
Upgrade Your Home and Reach Out to Freedom Fence Today
Whether you want a brand new deck in the spring or want to install a beautiful new wood fence, Freedom Fence and Home has the expertise, competitive prices, and professional service you need. Freedom Fence and Home has over 50 years of fencing experience in the Baltimore County area, Harford County, Essex, White Marsh, and Bel Air area, and we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best customer service experience possible. To see examples of our work and pick the right fence for your home, visit us online. To get started on planning your project, give us a call at (443) 271-6841, or visit us online. For more information, tips, and updates about Freedom Fence and Home, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.