Freedom Fence & Deck has served thousands of homes in Harford, Baltimore, and Howard counties with fence, deck, and screened porch installation services. Freedom also builds pergolas, which can go perfectly with your fence, deck, patio, or walkway. Where do you begin? Freedom Fence & Deck is happy to be your pergola builder in Harford County; learn more about how to get the most out of your pergola pursuit below!
How Much Does a Pergola Cost?
The cost can vary greatly, depending on the size, material, and labor involved with your pergola. DIY pergola kits are cheaper, but if you want a professional to install it, you may be paying between $50 and $120 per hour. All in all, the entire project, with the design, materials, and labor combined, can cost as much as $10,000. However, plenty of pergolas cost well below that. If you would like an estimate, Freedom Fence & Deck is happy to give one to you.
Types of Pergola Materials
Before you ask for an estimate, it is a good idea to know what you would like beforehand. Among pergola materials, the top choices are the following:
- Wood: Wooden pergolas are classic and warm-toned. Wood is cheaper than other building materials and can still last a very long time with adequate care. At most, you may need to wash and seal your wooden pergola every few years.
- Vinyl: PVC plastic is getting better and better. Today, vinyl building materials resist mold, mildew, insects, and decay. They are free of warping, splintering, cracking, and discoloring. A vinyl pergola requires very little maintenance.
- Metal: Steel or aluminum pergolas are very strong and also need very little care to withstand year-round weather. They tend to have a more modern design compared to wood or vinyl pergolas.
Types of Pergola Designs
Popular uses for pergolas include the following:
- Shade for decks and patios: If you would like to create an outdoor living space, a pergola is a great way to anchor the space and add filtered shade throughout the day.
- Shade for deck bench seating: Narrow pergolas arch over built-in deck benches and create a beautiful nook.
- Shade for walkways: Some pergolas are tunnel-like and cover sidewalks along houses or paths through backyards.
- Shade for fence gates: This pergola is more like an archway, but it helps make it clear where the entrance to your backyard is.
Finding the Right Pergola Builder in Harford County
Once you have finalized what you are looking for in a pergola, take your time to research pergola builders in Harford County, as you are doing now. Explore our website, see our customer reviews, and feel free to ask us for referrals or compare our estimate with competitors. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Upgrade Your Home and Reach Out to Freedom Fence Today
Whether you want a brand new patio in the spring or want to install a beautiful new wood fence, Freedom Fence and Home has the expertise, competitive prices, and professional service you need. Freedom Fence and Home has over 50 years of fencing experience in the Baltimore County area, Harford County, Essex, White Marsh, and Bel Air area, and we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best customer service experience possible. To see examples of our work and pick the right fence for your home, visit us online. To get started on planning your project, give us a call at (443) 271-6841, or visit us online. For more information, tips, and updates about Freedom Fence and Home, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.