Once upon a time, the American dream included white wood picket fences. Today, there are numerous options for fences, which can make deciding the type of fence to choose a difficult decision. When it comes to building a new fence in Maryland, you can choose from iron, wood, bamboo, vinyl, and chain link.
The most popular option today is a vinyl fence, which has grown significantly in popularity since its introduction. Vinyl fences can work for almost any condition, which makes them an ideal, low-maintenance fence. They come in different colors and textures, do not need to be painted, and are termite and rot free. Here are some other benefits to consider in thinking about a vinyl fence:
The Benefits of Vinyl Fences for Maryland Homeowners
- Maintenance: Vinyl fences often retain their color better than other fencing options, which mean you are less likely to need to repaint your vinyl fences. It’s as simple as grabbing a bucket of soap and water, which is much easier than a weekend spent repainting a fence!
- Strength and Flexibility: It is very difficult to bring down a vinyl fence – especially as vinyl is almost five times as strong as a wooden fence! If Maryland were to get hit by a hurricane or a strong thunderstorm such as a derecho, you can rest assured that your vinyl fence will still be standing. They are also able to tolerate large amounts of saltwater, which makes them ideal for waterfront homes in Maryland.
- Aesthetics: Being able to choose a fence that matches your home and its surroundings is a pretty great option. Fortunately, vinyl fences come in so many different colors that you can do just that!
- Sustainability: Vinyl fences can be easily recycled when they are no longer useful, which makes them a popular option for eco-friendly home owners.
- Bang for your buck: Vinyl fences typically have multi-year warranties to guarantee your new fence meets your needs. They are also significantly cheaper than wood or iron fences. Additionally, they require less maintenance, meaning you can put your money to good use elsewhere.
Vinyl fences are the perfect fit for the homeowner who wants the function without the fuss. To learn more about vinyl fences for your Maryland home, , please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter!