A fence is a notable investment, a significant home improvement, and provides security and beauty. Much goes into a fence installation project, such as design, preparation, and financing. Freedom Fence & Deck is here to help you with a professional fence installation in Columbia, Maryland. See how you can get started on your project below!
Your Fence’s Purpose
The first step in a fence installation project is to decide what the fence’s purpose is. Are you merely wanting to set up a divider between properties or a boundary against neighboring woods or streets? Are you providing security for children and pets, or against possible intruders? Do you need a pool fence or horse fence? Another possible purpose is privacy from neighbors and busy streets. All in all, the different purposes a fence can serve are:
Designing Your Fence
Your fence’s design will ideally match the purpose you have for it. Different types of fences include:
- Picket Fence: A classic, semi-privacy fence that provides enough security to keep kids and pets within bounds and let outsiders know where your private property begins.
- Split Rail Fence: This rural-style fence fits rural and suburban properties. It consists of fence posts connected by two or three rows of fence rails.
- Aluminum & Steel Fence: An aluminum or steel fence cannot offer privacy, but its strength is fantastic for higher security needs. It is excellent as a pool fence or security fence.
- Chain-link Fence: A chain-link fence is durable, low-maintenance, and affordable. It is a highly reliable fence for residential and commercial properties alike. One can add privacy by purchasing privacy slats designed for chain-link fences.
- Estate & Paddock Fence: An estate fence has fence posts connected by two or three rows of fence planks. A paddock fence is similar, except that it has an X pattern at the top or bottom of each fence panel.
- Privacy Fence: There are different privacy fence styles, such as board-on-board, shadowbox, and lattice. All of them serve the same purpose of providing maximum privacy and can also act as a sound barrier.
Selecting a Fence Contractor
Once you have an idea of what kind of fence you want, it’s time to find a fence contractor. Freedom Fence & Deck is a veteran-owned and operated, accredited business with decades of experience in building beautiful fences and providing great customer service. Check out our work and see information about permits, property lines, and more on our FAQ page. We look forward to providing you with a beautiful fence installation in Columbia, MD!
Upgrade Your Home and Reach Out to Freedom Fence Today
Whether you want a brand new patio in the spring or want to install a beautiful new wood fence, Freedom Fence and Home has the expertise, competitive prices, and professional service you need. Freedom Fence and Home has over 50 years of fencing experience in the Baltimore County area, Harford County, Essex, White Marsh, and Bel Air area and we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best customer service experience possible. To see examples of our work and pick the right fence for your home, visit us online. To get started on planning your project, give us a call at (443) 271-6841, or visit us online. For more information, tips, and updates about Freedom Fence and Home, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.