The weather is cooling and fall is in full swing. This can only mean one thing. Winter is right around the corner. But before Jack Frost makes his first appearance of the year, it is important to make sure your wood fence is ready.
Wooden fences are the clear, aesthetically pleasing choice for any home. But with them comes the need for regular preventative maintenance. Otherwise, your wood fence will not last. Luckily, this maintenance is not hard or time consuming. It should only take a day or two to get your wood fence ready for winter!
Fall Wood Fence Maintenance
- Cleaning: Cleaning your deck periodically is the best way to prevent mold, mildew, and rot.
- Removing Debris: Debris, such as dirt and leaves, that come in contact with your fence bring with them unwanted moisture and bugs. Both can be bad for your wood fence.
- Low Hanging Limbs: it is important to trim low hanging tree branches. Otherwise, these limbs could damage your wood fence in a storm.
- Staining: A good, quality coating of stain is your fences first line of defense against moisture. We recommend applying a stain or every 2 years to prolong the life of your fence.
- Periodic Inspections: It is important to check your fence periodically, especially after heavy rains and storms. If you notice any problems, repair them, right away. It is important to not let small problems grow.
Freedom Fence and Home can Help!
We are licensed and insured in the state of Maryland and our record of zero complaints with the Maryland Home improvement commission and the better business bureau speaks for itself. We have over 50 years combined experience in the industry and take pride in our work.
Please take a moment to browse our gallery of Finished Fence Projects. Click on any image to enlarge. And if you have any questions, please contact Freedom Fence and Home by calling 443-271-6841 or visit our website.
From do-it-yourself materials to custom installation by our trained staff, property owners can find everything they need to create the right outdoor living space for any home.
Freedom Fence and Home: Your Maryland Deck and Fence Experts!