Would a pergola be the perfect touch to your backyard or fence gate? Perhaps you are even creating a front yard outdoor living area that could use some shade. Whatever your design ideas, a pergola is a great way to add shade without totally blocking the sun overhead. This classic structure is sure to give relief from the heat and a treat for the eyes. Of course, you need a great contractor who can make this plan a reality. Here’s how Freedom Fence & Deck can be your pergola builder in Baltimore County, Maryland.
Freedom Fence & Deck: Pergola Design and Construction
Freedom Fence & Deck is a licensed and insured contractor with many decades of service for decks, fences, screened porches, and sunrooms. If you are looking to build a pergola, you can have Freedom build it for you! We offer design and construction services, so if you need help with the technicalities of your pergola design, we are happy to help you achieve the best result.
Best Pergola Materials
Before calling for an estimate of the cost of your pergola installation, it’s best to know what you would like. One of the first questions to ask is what material you should use. You have three main options that all work very well:
- Wood: Wood pergolas are hardy, rustic, and warm. They can last many decades with good care. Like other outdoor wood structures, you will need to stain it every few years and ensure no pests are making their home in it.
- Vinyl: Vinyl, also known as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic, is designed for outdoor use and needs almost no maintenance. High-quality vinyl pergolas will not warp, crack, or discolor over time.
- Metal: Metal pergolas are perhaps the strongest of them all. A metal pergola is ideal for modern-style homes. They may lack the classic shapes you see with wood or vinyl pergolas.
- Fence gate pergola: A pergola arch is a great way to mark where your fence gate is and add character to your property. It is best that the pergola material matches your fence’s material.
- Pergola over deck railing: If you want to create a seating zone along one side or corner of your deck, you can add some shade by installing a pergola over it. It really creates quite a statement!
- Pergola over an outdoor living space: Create a cozy outdoor living zone on your patio, deck, or poolside with a square, rectangular, or even triangular pergola.
- Pergola over a walkway: A pergola over a walkway shades high-traffic areas and creates a tunnel-like effect.
Have Any Questions?
Freedom Fence & Deck is happy to be your pergola builder in Baltimore County! If you have any questions, please get in touch with us today!
Upgrade Your Home and Reach Out to Freedom Fence Today
Whether you want a brand new patio in the spring or want to install a beautiful new wood fence, Freedom Fence and Home has the expertise, competitive prices, and professional service you need. Freedom Fence and Home has over 50 years of fencing experience in the Baltimore County area, Harford County, Essex, White Marsh, and Bel Air area, and we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best customer service experience possible. To see examples of our work and pick the right fence for your home, visit us online. To get started on planning your project, give us a call at (443) 271-6841, or visit us online. For more information, tips, and updates about Freedom Fence and Home, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.